Lighting and irrigation are the two most important technical aspects of a well-finished landscape, and we are Maine's leading resource for both. We design lighting systems that enhance your surroundings, not compete with nature, and add new dimensions to the enjoyment of your home.
Why install landscape lighting?
Beauty. Lighting accentuates the architectural and landscape details you love so much during daylight hours.
Safety. Lighting the perimeter of the house wards off would-be vandals.
Value. A professionally-designed lighting system increases the value of your home.
What are the benefits of landscape lighting?
- Create longer seasons through lighting that extends your enjoyment of your yard at night. Create new focal points and entertainment areas.
- Changing seasons create different moods—highlight these shifts with lighting. In spring and summer, warm colors yield bright, sharp colors. Fall foliage can be magnified with unsurpassed colors and shadows. Winter blues can be alleviated with just the right light.
- Correct lighting blends with the landscape by day and gives you a dramatic look at night.
- 12-volt lighting costs less to operate than 120-volt lighting at up to 1/3 of the cost. Big effects can come from small, controlled installations that have been carefully designed for maximum impact.
How does landscape lighting work?
Transformers - Transformers reduce the power to 12-volts, allowing carefree maintenance. Less power to lights equals less electrical consumption—1/3 less than standard systems. Transformers are sized according to each lighting system. They can be activated with dimmers or photo light sensors.
Conductors - Conductors are the wiring supplied for each light. Low voltage wiring supplies the current to the light. Wires are installed no less than 6" in depth. The right size wire can make the difference between a poorly designed and a professionally lit system.
Lamps - Customers can choose from many styles, sizes, finishes, shapes and colors. Light fixtures become part of your landscape decor, and are chosen accordingly. Picking just the right light for the area is a vital part of the process, and one we undertake with particular care.
Common types of lighting:
- Path Lighting – An attractive way to light paths and gardens for safe passage.
- Up Lighting - Create focal points in the landscape with shadows and silhouettes.
- Step/Wall Lighting - Light dark areas, creating a visual appeal.
- Moon Lighting - Lighting placed high in trees, mimicking mother nature's soft lighting.
- Niche Lighting - Light decks, gazebos, sheds and barbecue areas.
There are endless possibilities!
To learn more or request a demonstration of landscape lighting, call (207) 797-3461 or toll free (1-877) 797-3461.